McIntosh MC901 Dual Mono Amplifier
New from McIntosh, the MC901 Dual Mono Amplifier is here. The ultimate solution for bi-amping loudspeakers, a 300 Watt vacuum tube amplifier and a 600 Watt solid state amplifier all on one chassis:
- Vacuum tube section powers mid and upper drivers
- Solid state section drives power hungry woofers
- DualView™ Power Output Meter displaying real-time power readings of both amps
Although the MC901 may look different than any McIntosh product before it, a quick glance reveals signature McIntosh design cues.
While an entirely new design, the MC901 comes with the technology one would expect from a McIntosh amplifier:
- Power Guard® that monitors and adjusts the input signal in the 600 Watt solid state amplifier section in real time, then makes unobtrusive adjustments to prevent harsh sounding distortion and potential speaker damaging clipping.
- Power Guard Screen Grid Sensor™ (SGS). The 300 Watt vacuum tube amplifier section of the MC901 breaks new ground as it’s our first amplifier to feature our new Power Guard SGS™ technology. Sentry Monitor™ observes the output current and shuts the amplifier off if it ever exceeds safe limits.
- Quad Balanced design that cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have crept into the audio signal.
Prior to the MC901, bi-amping a speaker required two separate amplifiers. It also required an external crossover, along with a lot of trial and error, to properly configure the two detached amplifiers so they worked together as best as possible. The MC901 solves this issue thanks to its internal, adjustable crossover with the controls easily accessible on the top of the unit. These adjustable crossover filters allow you to optimize the performance of both amplifier sections to your listening preferences.
Give us a call to learn more about the McIntosh MC901 Dual Mono Amplifier: 305-652-1138, or CLICK HERE
Intelligent Design has been your Smart Home and Audio Video experts in Miami since 2006. Call for a showroom demonstration, or we can come to you for a free consultation. Follow us on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM